This lesson will illustrate how trade flows should lead to appreciation and depreciation of currencies in a floating exchange rate system, and then explain how in …
- A Simple Explanation of Forex | Investopedia Academy
- Y1/IB 16) Exchange Rate Changes - Appreciations and Depreciations
- Exchange Rates II: The Asset Approach in the Short Run - Part II
- Stock Exchange Chapter 10 Class 12 Business Studies
- Forex Trading Business | Foreign Exchange Easy Or Difficult Taniforex Tutorial in Hindi and Urdu
The relationship between the Current Account Balance and Exchange RatesThis lesson will illustrate how trade flows should lead to appreciation and depreciation of currencies in a floating exchange rate system, and then explain how in the case of China, central bank policy aimed at buying large quantities of US government debt keeps the supply of Chinese currency high in the US and the demand for US dollars high in China. This means the dollar remains stronger than it otherwise might relative to the Chinese RMB, contributing to the persistent trade deficits the US exhibits in its trade with China.
Want to learn more about economics, or just be ready for an upcoming quiz, test or end of year exam? Jason Welker is available for tutoring, IB internal assessment and extended essay support, and other services to support economics students and teachers. Learn more here! http://econclassroom.com/?page_id=5870