Lake Murray SC - SCUBA History 1800's Rock Stone House - Trading Post - Dive Exploration
Possibly one of the only, still standing structures under Lake Murray. The Rock Stone House. Built in the early 1800's. It served many purposes. As a trading post for the settlers to trade with the Indians. Also served as a refuge against Indian attacks. Served as a home for the Saluda River canals lock keepers. It now rests 125' under Lake Murray.
Before the flooding of the Lake in 1929. The wooden roof, doors, and windows were removed from the home. Also only a small portion of the steps leading up to the front door remain.